- 0ne 600 gram packet of Italian Sponge Finger Biscuits
- 600ml boiling water
- 5 tsp coffee granules
- 85 gram caster sugar
- 3 tbsp sweet sherry
- 600 gram whipping cream (Note: traditional Tiramisu uses mascarpone cheese but I prefer whipping cream)
- One flake chocolate bar
- Boil water, mix in coffee granules and sweet sherry. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Whip cream.
- Tip sponge finger biscuit (one at a time) in the bowl of coffee mixture (quickly – biscuit should be moist but not soaked) and line bottom of tray or bowl.
- Spoon layer of whip cream onto the biscuits.
- Repeat stages 3 and 4 until you have three layers of biscuits and whip cream.
- Sprinkle chocolate flake on top.